• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

first char cloth

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its been a long time since the original post but after a poor squirrel hunt this morning i decided to try to char a big ole peice of fungus i found lying next to a oak tree at the end of one of the cane patches. after getting some sweet tea i started the grill and put it on, it was pretty wet so it took a pretty good while to do but i tried it and it caught a spark about as easy as cloth. i also charred some deer moss, it didnt work to well so i threw it out. i also made enough char cloth to fill a gallon zip lock half full and broke up some punk wood to char but ran out of heat in the coals before i could get started with it and was about ready fofr vittles by then. didnt think about the spanish moss but may try it soon.

creek

Latest posts

Back