• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finishing Up

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Started this project from the blank in about '07 - '08, it started life as #3, it has all of the associated problems of such.

Almost finished, cannot wait to move on from this project.

024_zps032ece92.jpg

025_zps59fc2e87.jpg

You do nice work...very professional. Like the sideplate and location....lools like it belongs there. Any particular style or copy of an original maker?.....Fred

flehto said:
You do nice work...very professional. Like the sideplate and location....lools like it belongs there. Any particular style or copy of an original maker?.....Fred

Thanks Fred,

as far as a particular style/maker, nope.

It started out as #3 and will finish as #6

this is an earlypoorsouthernmountainlatelancasterboy rifle, otherwise known as the platypuss.

:hmm:

Tetsa Prowler said:
Sweet maria that is some well laid out artistry!

Thanks

ApprenticeBuilder said:
this is an earlypoorsouthernmountainlatelancasterboy rifle, otherwise known as the platypuss.

:hmm:

Sir,

By the look before finishing, if that is to be known as a platypus, I would like to carry a platypus! :thumbsup:

Your work looks more than exceptional to me, but then I dont have a clue on building one! :idunno:

Rusty

Thanks,

I figure that 95% of the active traditional muzzle loading shooters out there are shooting a "platypus" in one form or another.

Tom Knight said:
Always wanted a "platypus" of my very own. Very good work, more pic's please. Tom

rancher said:
Nice work! :thumbsup:

rscott said:
Absolutely beautiful ,Thank you for sharing

Thanks Again

I'll post pics when I finish it up with a full write up on the trials and tribulations involved with this particular build.

The plan is to be finished ( at least with the wood ) by the third weekend in February so the wife can sport it on the trail.

My last build went in the corner several times before I finished it. Nice work. Mine always seem to have inletting black all over it at that stage. :)

Yeah, I am cautious with the soot and where I smear it.

As far as the time on this rifle, suffice it to say that the wife has several ribbons shooting this rife in the white over the last several years. High time I finish it. :redface:

Back