• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Finished My Woodsrunner (Sort of)

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJamesBeck

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, I finished my woodsrunner apart from the lock. Still undecided what I want to do with the lock, but I'm leaning towards a polish and some light border engraving. This is the second rifle I've built (both Kiblers) and the first time I've ever carved any wood.
20231022_110918.jpg

20231022_110851.jpg

20231022_112033.jpg
20231022_111938.jpg
20231022_112057.jpg
20231022_112006.jpg

Absolutely perfect.

Of all the Woodsrunners I've seen, including Jim's peerless hand made, ornately carved one and the original, I like yours best. It's more refined than the original and has just the right amount of decoration. The carving is accurate and done so it softens the visual "edge" of the too-perfect machine work and really brings the whole thing together.

The oak leaf is something I've wanted to do on mine rather than a shell or Acanthus scroll, but you nailed it so I'll do pecan leaves instead....it's my state tree anyway. Great job man.

Thank you all very much! I'm very happy with how it's turned out. Very impressed with the barrel as well. Probably put 20-30 shots through it last Saturday without a single swab and there was no noticeable increase in difficulty to load and cleanup was a breeze!

This weekend will be some more detailed sighting in to prepare for deer season here in a few weeks.

Very nice, the woods runner begs for some carving but just enough to accent the stock lines. You have done that and it makes your rifle stand out.

Very nice, the woods runner begs for some carving but just enough to accent the stock lines. You have done that and it makes your rifle stand out.
That came out great! Very nice.
Thank you both very much! Definitely wanted a little carving, but kept it simple as a style choice and staying within my "first timer" skills.

Back