• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Favorite Builder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very partial to a fellow named Brent Gurtek. He builds beautiful rifles that shoot as good as they look! He is possessed of some controversial opinions as they pertain to gun laws, but the man can really build a unique and instantly recognizable rifle!!

Not a simple question or at least a simple answer. So many really good builders of flintlocks. I enjoy my Cabin Creek and a beautiful rifle by Mike Brooks. Greg

I’ve only had one built, a Jim Chambers Edward Marshall .58, by John Bergmann in 2015. He did an outstanding job on it, just as he did on my Don Stith J&S Hawken .54 percussion. I can’t recommend him enough.

Of the many artisans out there, my favorite is Kenn Netting. His rifles, whether plain or fancy, are of the best quality available and shoot as well as they look. Above all else he is a good friend and a true gentleman.

Not a simple question or at least a simple answer. So many really good builders of flintlocks. I enjoy my Cabin Creek and a beautiful rifle by Mike Brooks. Greg
I like my Cabin Creek and have another in the works.
I ALSO like the simple Lancaster kit the folks at Dixons put together for me way back there around 1990.

Back