• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Fancy Engraved Powder Horn

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This powder horn was inspired by several original horns of it's type that might of been made for a military officer or special presentation. This is a large horn being over 16 inches around the outside curve with a turned walnut stopper and base plug and cow horn applied tip. All engraving is done be myself and the horn has been given a golden amber old horn finish.

Thanks for checking it out, Rick

Boy, keep doing work like that, and one of these days you might get good at it! :wink:

I'm kidding, of course. This is simply superb work, as usual! Every horn that I've seen from you has been something special, and this one is no exception.

That is beautiful! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It reminds me of concert posters for the Fillmore back in the sixties :rotf:

Really beautiful.

Are you kidding? Wow! That's like one of those items an artisan makes just to show (off) what he can do...

Outstanding work on this horn, Rick! It looks like it needs a little patina, though. Luckily, I can provide that service, but it might take a couple years. Send it on over....

The thing I really like about Ricks horns...

He gets the architecture of the horn in order first. They all flow nicely and he masters at getting the throat thinned down and proportional to the horn body.

Then he does the same with his scribe work. It too...flows with the horn.

A rare talent.

ayup - Bagman is right ... it's not just the fantastic scrim, it's the way the whole deal fits together ... the underlying architecture of the work...

tremendous looking horn!

:hatsoff: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Well where to start. WOW WOW IMHO I personally prefer that motif over naval or map horns. If it was mine I could not use It as I am way to clumsy to keep it safe.LOL. You Sir are a craftsman with only a few equals. :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Back