• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

EuroArms 44cal Longrifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizs50

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know anything these rifles? I found one for sale in caplock and I would like to convert it back to Flint, So I need to know anything I can find out.

EuroArms made a number of different rifles so it is difficult to say if you can convert it or not.

If it is a Kentuckian, you would have to find one that is made in flintlock style just to get a lock that would work.

Now that you've found a Percussion rifle, maybe you should leave it Percussion and try it out.

They can be a lot of fun! :)

Remember, there were reasons the Percussion guns replaced the Flintlocks. :rotf:

Funny :rotf:

I have several caplocks, And I have a flinter, I realy like the flintlock better.

I don't want the gun to collect dust like my caplocks do.

I bought one at the flea market this year,nice gun but too hard of a trigger pull. It takes a .430 ball. Also it has a long,long hammer fall. Nice wall hanger. Dilly

Any gun can be converted if you want to spend enough.Some are a simple switch some require serious remachining. Many times it is lower cost to just get another gun.

I don't know about the caplock version but I do have a Euroarms kentuckian flintlock barrel that I used in a new built project. The flintlock does not have a patent style breech, the touch hole goes directly into the barrel just forward of the breechplug. If the caplock version has some sort of patent-style breech the lock to barrel relationship may be totally different. If this was a CVA it would be relatively easy because all of the parts are available. You can probably find a lock that is close enough in style that you could fit it with some minor modifications.

No patent breech, it's got a drum and nipple in front of the breechplug, Dropped a bore light down it and found the barrel to be in good shape. I can likely buy the gun cheap enough, I may just buy it for an extra anyway.

Back