• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Emory cloth...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop and reflex on whom is really at fault for these children to be the way they are US. we allowed them to not learn. I have two grandson's whom DO KNOW how to use their brain. Their parents made sure that they learn ! :eek:

[U]Sidney Smith,[/U] NO these children are not ignorant, its our fault because WE DONT TAKE THE TIME to EDUCATE THEM. Who tough you? :ghostly:

I can't vouch for all, but I have two grand kids not far from where I live one about 16, and the other 13 and they are so much sharper than I am that there's no comparison. The things they are sharp in I'm woefully ignorant of and the things that I do are Greek to them. I use this computer, they know how to fix it. I live in the past and they lived in the future. I'm sure my granddad was saddened by what little I knew about horses, but I could do more with his old tractor than he ever could. The generation gap didn't happen till we had a machine age. 1000 years ago, you were never no smarter than your parents. Like it or not the world has changed.
Squint

For 'young people of today...' quotes going back 2,400 years see:

https://historyhustle.com/2500-years-of-people-complaining-about-the-younger-generation/
Young people learn the skills they need in their own generation. My father taught me how to make a safe wrapped twisted wire electrical joint because that was necessary when he was young. In my generation we had 'chocolate boxes' for the job and today we have Wago push in electrical joints.

Our sires’ age was worse than our grandsires’. We, their sons, are more worthless than they; so in our turn we shall give the world a progeny yet more corrupt.”Book III of Odes, Horace circa 20 BC

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

My test is simple. If they don't know who Roy Rogers and Smiley Burnett were, I don't trust them to know much of anything else.
But how many know who Lenord Sly and his horse Golden Plowboy were? Yea some of us are really old!

Do you remember your dad pulling crabgrass from rich guy's lawns for ten cents an hour . I do .. times they are a changin' I have a 12 year old grand daughter who can strip and rebuild a computer … but she marvels at my ability to make a nice Plains rifle from a kit, I also have a 62 year old son-in-law whose wife [;)] taught him how to use an end wrench when was about 30. Hmmmmm Polecat

I consider myself fortunate. Growing up I learned about the things of today. At an early age I Also had a deep passion for the things and way of life of yesteryear. In my teens I met an elderly man whom I gleamed information about yesteryear. One day he informed me that I should also look and learn for tomorrow as it will come one day soon. If I do not I could be left behind. So I do my best to learn as much as can. Today I now at every opportunity try to pass this knowledge and wisdom on to others of today and to some of the past.

Back