• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Early TC Barrel Info.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jruby38

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I picked up a used TC barrel at Kittery Trading Post in Maine. It has a low SN 19xxx, no BP only warning and a iron cross stamp on the bottom by the breach area. Does the Iron Cross identify the maker? The riffling is much deeper than my original.

I've read that TC barrels so marked were Douglas but have no actual knowledge of that.
TC

40 Flint said:
but have no actual knowledge of that.
And that's the real part of the story.
It doesn't matter Jruby38, your barrel is in good condition or it's not.
There has never been any evidence/proof/or proven conjecture about the superiority of one mark over another, lack of mark or what any of the "marks" really mean.
No T/C barrel is "better" then another because of a factory stamped mark, before factory stamped mark, or any fact that marks make a difference.
Anyone have "proof" to change my statement? Please post it here.

I have had T/C barrels with various marks, with no marks, marked as to model, and unmarked as to model. and as necchi says, as long as the bore is good and the barrel is mounted securely in the stock they will all shoot as good as you can hold them and usually not real picky about what load you put in'em. just enjoy yer gun & don't get caught up in non-important details.

Back