• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Down to my last pound again!!!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdhunter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Once again I am down to my last pound of goex 2f. The last time I found it was in Bismarck at a small gun shop. I bought the last 4 lbs that were going to be sold in the store. Now comes the long journey of trying to find another source. I am heading down to Sioux falls in a couple of weeks so maybe I can find some down there. In the mean time I am thinking about trying pyrodex P in my gpr .54 with a prb. Has anybody had good luck with this combo?

If you are used to using 2F then Pyrodex RS or Select would be (closer) to what you have been shooting.

I shoot 3F but use P in a pinch. Works well enough, just prefer real black if I can get it.

Save yourself time worry and gas.
Go to www.powderinc.com and order what ever amount you want from 5-50 lbs. Prices shown are delivered to your door.
Grafs will also ship from 2-50 lbs and can be in odd numbered amounts if desired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ranch 13 said:
Save yourself time worry and gas.
Go to www.powderinc.com and order what ever amount you want from 5-50 lbs. Prices shown are delivered to your door.
Grafs will also ship from 2-50 lbs and can be in odd numbered amounts if desired.

I use powder.inc also. Problem solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have Powder, Inc ship it to your door. Adult signature required (FYI). Saves lots of gas money for many of us. You cannot beat their prices. Customer service is excellent. Sincerely, Smoothshooter

I meant to add in my previous post that I am a little uneasy about having my name and address on a bill of lading for powder in the current and foreseeable political climate. I rationalize it by remembering that I am probably on someone's list already for all of those "yellow sheets" I have filled out over the years. If this not an issue with you, I stand by my previous post.-Smoothshooter

IMO, order a case (or 2)from one of the distributors. BP doesn't have a shelf life like so many of the substitutes, so will keep indefinitely if stored properly. Distributors will often mix granulations to make a case, and the hazmat fee applied is good for up to 2 cases, which is what the BATF allows an individual to possess.

Track of the Wolf is in Elk River, MN. it is a drive, but worth it. They usually have BP in stock.

There's not much difference between Powder Inc, and Grafs when talking 10 lbs or less, but when you get over 10 lbs , Jerry's prices at Powder Inc is way the better price.
Altho sometimes if you talk to the folks at Grafs directly you can get a bit of a break on full case prices.

The Upper Missouri Trading Post at Crofton, NE, 14 miles SW of Yankton, has black powder, including Swiss black powder. He has a really well supplied gun shop there, including parts for building black powder rifles. Doc Carlson owns and runs it. I got some Swiss powder there two years ago.

There are so many restrictions on the retailers that few if any bother to jump the necessary hurdles to carry it. I have decided to save gas and buy off of the web.

Geo. T.

sdhunter said:
Once again I am down to my last pound of goex 2f. The last time I found it was in Bismarck at a small gun shop. I bought the last 4 lbs that were going to be sold in the store. Now comes the long journey of trying to find another source. I am heading down to Sioux falls in a couple of weeks so maybe I can find some down there. In the mean time I am thinking about trying pyrodex P in my gpr .54 with a prb. Has anybody had good luck with this combo?
I haven't been able to find black powder in Sioux Falls. I gave up trying to find it in South Dakota. Finally ordered from powderinc.

sdhunter said:
I haven't been able to find black powder in Sioux Falls. I gave up trying to find it in South Dakota. Finally ordered from powderinc.

Back