• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixons Gunmakers Fair

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping one of the distributers would be there as I wanted to pick up a case.

Go to Dixon's web site n get the phone number, give them a call n see if you might be able to set something up before hand, don't know the legal end of things but nothing ventured nothing gained, n what the heck its only the cost of the call to find out

DD,

I don't know how you are getting to Dixon's from Michigan, but if you are driving I-80 West to I-81 South to get to get here J&J is not really out of the way considering the trip from Mi.

J & J Pyrotechnics Mfg., Inc.
1058 State Route 502
Spring Brook TWP, PA 18444
570-842-3411, Fax: 570-842-1206
Toll Free: 877-748-3473
E-mail: [email protected]

I've delt with Bonnie as have a number of the guys I shoot with. Th last time I bought I think I paid $9.75 a pound for bulk powder and about $12.75 in cans including tax. If you want bulk you need to get in touch ASAP as she dosen't always have it but she normally always has cans.

Thanks Hawkeye, I'll give them a shout some time this week to see what their going price is and if I would be required to pay sales tax (as that may be higher than shipping and hazmat fees) or if it would be considered an out of state sale. Don't know yet if I can go to Dixons, it'll depend on if we get laid off again because of the Chrysler shut down coming up and how long.

DEADDAWG said:
Thanks Hawkeye, I'll give them a shout some time this week to see what their going price is and if I would be required to pay sales tax (as that may be higher than shipping and hazmat fees) or if it would be considered an out of state sale. Don't know yet if I can go to Dixons, it'll depend on if we get laid off again because of the Chrysler shut down coming up and how long.

If you pick it up in Pa ole Rendell will get his pound of flesh!! It will cost you 6% of the cost, still way less than shipping and hazmat fee.

Hawkeye

Yes, time for the Fair is almost here. This will be my first visit to Dixons after all these years and this should be quite a blast, albeit expensive I'm sure. All the eye candy that will be there not to mention getting a chance to meet some of you fellows in person too. My missus and I will be traveling with a pet so I managed to get us a campsite not too far at the Blue Rocks campground, site #100. Hope to meet any more of you if you plan on staying in the same place and do plan on stopping by. I'll be sure to have some cold ones available.
Gary

One of my favorite events of the year!!!!!!! Cant wait to see what your dad brings this year---I forgot to put the order in for a new double bag!!! DARN IT!!! :redface:
I wonder if he could put 7 total small stars on it ?????

Howdy!

I live in Dallas, TX and will be going!! I can only go on Friday. We have business to take care of at my Grandmother's house in Hazleton, but Dixon's is only 30-40 minutes from there.

James

Instead of everyone trying to remember what everybody is wearing,why don't we stick an orange dot with our user name on our shirt?

Dickert54cal said:
Hope to see some of you there----I will have an ALR shirt on in a burnt orange color.

I have a feeling that description will not single you out. :haha:

I certainly envy those that are able to attend,
but due to my work schedule it is not possible.
I did get to attend a few years ago,and to say
I was impressed would be an understatement.It is
one of the finest gatherings,at least in this part
of the country.IMHO
snake-eyes

Capt. Jas. said:
Dickert54cal said:
Hope to see some of you there----I will have an ALR shirt on in a burnt orange color.

I have a feeling that description will not single you out. :haha:
All those from here wearing a "Muzzleloading
Forum" t-shirt might work though :thumbsup:
snake-eyes :wink:

I would like to go, but misfortune is on my tail this year. :shake:
I will make it next year! :v

The folks from another forum are planning a get together on Saturday at around noon, at the bottom of the wooden steps up to the store. Birdman will be there, hanging out by the flintknapper's marquis. How about the rest of you joining us? It'd make for some bodacious photo ops! :thumbsup: :grin: :hatsoff: :youcrazy:

I invite all of you to stop by the table and say howdy to Dad and me. Will be there Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully this nice weather will conitnue.

GBJ

Lostrifle said:
The folks from another forum are planning a get together on Saturday at around noon, at the bottom of the wooden steps up to the store. Birdman will be there, hanging out by the flintknapper's marquis. How about the rest of you joining us? It'd make for some bodacious photo ops! :thumbsup: :grin: :hatsoff: :youcrazy:

Lostrifle, I think I'll be there Saturday, so I'll try to meet you by the stairs.

Lookin' forward to it!
I'll be the big guy with blond hair, beard, glasses, and a black slouch hat with a fur band around around the crown and a feather hanging off.

Back