• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DIXIE

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brubincam

62 Cal.
Reaction score
-----saw a DIXIE GUN WORKS rifle at a gun shop the other day---40 cal--percussion--barrel about 40 42 inches--2 barrel wedges--are these barrels any good--barrel looked clean--well cared for rifle--$300.00-----

sounds like one of the older ones (being 40 caliber ). If so it is a bargin if in good shape.

It's not very old, the original dixie mountain rifles were only in 36 & 50 cals.
Halfstock

The Japanese rifles were .32 and 50 caliber. The earlier Belgian rifles were available in .40 and .45 caliber. And then there were all those Italian guns too.

I'm not all that familiar with DGW's rifles; I do have their .32 and .50 cal mountain rifles and they have barrel pins....not keys. Also had an early Sharps repro, and I believe any rifle they sell is marked "Dixie Gun Works".

-----yes this rifle has DIXIE GUN WORKS stamped on the top flat of barrel just behind the rear sight-----

........All the Dixie guns which were stamped dixie that I have seen are Keepers..
and the 40 cal is very versitile! I would grab it Before somebody else does!!! at that price it wont be there too long..............

I have a .50 DGW Tenn. Mtn. Flint Rifle I bought when they first came out with em. I made meat with it the first time I took it hunting and I love it! It has never failed me. :thumbsup:

Back