• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Dixie Tinderlighter Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreserveFreedom

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I bought two of these kits.

MI0930.JPG

My idea was to put them both together and then give one to my dad for Christmas. I got as far as trying to put the trigger spring in though and I am stuck. It doesn't seem like it is in there right yet I have no idea what is right. Has anyone put this kit together that can help me out? I am so frustrated. :(

Robert, Didn't you get an instruction sheet with the kits? .... I put one of these together years ago and I think that Dixie Gun Works supplied an instruction sheet with it, as I remember. I know it was rougher looking than the kit pictured. I'd contact them.

Good luck,
Rick

Drift pins,,Think Drift pins,,

And you hafta polish the brass before it's assembled or it'll never look like the pretty model one in the photo

Well Dixie sent me an email today saying I am more than welcome to call their gunsmith and he would help me with the problem areas. These guys are really great. :)

I bought one of those kits many years ago when Dixie had them on sale. It finished up pretty good, but the hammer won't go back far enough to stay at full cock. Never did check for the cause of the problem so it has been setting on a shelf....lookin' pretty. :rotf:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same kit. I bought it a very long time ago from Dixie Gun Works/Navy Arms. It was being closed out for some reason. I paid $19.95 for the thing. It is sitting in a dark corner of my safe. I haven't seen it for years. I think I still have to finish it... :idunno:
Rainy day project :hmm:

Back