• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Did I do okay? Pair of 44's

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreserveFreedom

40 Cal.
Reaction score
There is an RV park next to the subdivision I live in. I am good friends with the family that owns the RV park and they know I love weapons of all eras. A long term resident of the park used to be a Civil War reenactor. Since then his vision has gotten poor and he had made the decision to give up his shooting days. He asked the folks that run the park who he could sell his revolvers to that would give them a good home. Even with BP arms you worry about the wrong person getting a hold of them. He sold me the following today:

cvakit.jpg

CVA "Civil War Revolver Outfit," still sealed in original package. Includes Pietta .44 cal Navy Revolver (with octagon barrel), grease, nipple wrench, cleaning rod, flask, lead balls, solvent, powder measure, capper, cleaning patches, patch holder, and cleaning brush. All items that bear a brand name are CVA in this kit except for the revolver itself. He bought it years ago and never got around to needing a second revolver so he never opened it. This kit is CLEAN! It isn't something that had been through a flood or sat around in the ocean air. Other than the slight yellowing of the plastic package from age it looks like it could be hanging in a store today. I have no idea of the value of this kit in the original sealed package, but I paid $150. :D

csa.jpg

Navy Arms .44 Navy (Italian). Came with a leather flap holster stamped, "CS." The grips look to have been refinished at some point, but they did a great job on them. The brass shows some tarnish, most likely from spending decades stored in leather. It is not bad though and I am not sure if I will polish it or keep it looking aged. The holster is in great shape. The only modification made to it was that the previous owner poked a hole in the flap to run a cord through. He wanted to be able to tie the flap back so he could do some faster draws at the range. I paid $100 for gun and holster together.

I do believe these are the kind of deals I usually hear about a week too late rather than actually being able to get in on them. Do you guys think I did okay? :D

To show your appreciation for the deal, may I suggest you take the grips off of the used pistol and have the previous owner sign one of them on the inside? And have him tell you every story he can think of while he can. I bet you're about to make a new friend.

Latest posts

Back