• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Daniel Boone casting Roundball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tenngun said:
Every people everywhere have done evil and good in equal measure. The island of Britain was the home of a Neolithic people, invaded by another Neolithic people invaded by celts, Romans Germans Scandinavians from Denmark and Norway then from Normandy. Irish pirates were making slave raids in Britain for centuries before the The Brits enslaved Ireland.
Mesoamerican had wars just to get captives to sacrifice to the Gods. Several Polynesian ran fleets of warships dedicated to enslaving and driving out other people’s from the best islands.
Land belongs to the people that can hold it.

Only sorta true. It was all really Donald Trump's fault. :doh:

Black Hand said:
Ghettogun said:
They were melting down the flat ware to cast for round ball and showed him quenching it in water before removing from the mold. Would that be something that needs to be done with harder metals than lead? Or just uninformed media representation?
They were melting pewter utensils, which are mostly tin...

There were many inaccuracies.

I would really like to see them make black powder using sulfur, charcoal and bat poop (Yes, I know how the bat poop was really used, but this is an example of something easily avoided).

Melting down flatware might have been done when lead was not available but ammunition was sorely needed. Dunno. :idunno: Just speculating.
Bat guano was commonly used in the production of black powder. And, yes, it was leached. There are bat caves all over much of the south that have stories about how bp was made in them.

I dunnoh ... lots of LEFT-HANDED flintlocks to be seen in those installments, have seen 3 so far in episode 3 alone!

I mean, why did they shoot that scene with the actor running from right to left ... only to show it on TV as the ”˜Frontiersmen’ running from left to right, taking cover behind a fence and cocking (close up) and then firing their LH flint muskets?

... I didn’t notice that perhaps they had already used that scene in a previous installment.

Latest posts

Back