• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

CVA Squirrel gun stock too straight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greysmoke

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I recently acquired a .32 percussion CVA Squirrel gun kit. I bought the kit from a friend who badly needed the cash and I needed a winter project. The kit had belonged to his Dad from "years ago" and Dad had started it by putting the buttplate on and then quit. As soon as I laid the barrel in the stock I saw that it was extremely straight with almost no drop at the comb. I thought about cutting the comb down but thought it would require so much off that it would make such a misshapen butt stock that would be stupid looking so I went ahead and assembled it as is. I never intended to shoot it myself and thought maybe I'll give it to a kid with a little face who can actually look down the sights. I'm amazed that CVA would have marketed a kit like this and wondered if anyone else has a similar experience with this kit.

Yes built one years ago and even though it was very accurate I could not get comfortable with the stock and traded it off

I have heard of pouring hot cooking oil on the wrist of a stock , and bending in in a jig to make it fit. But I’ve never done that, and I think there is a thread on that here now that I think of it…

I have one of those I'd actually forgot about it until I seen couple threads on here about them,I dont think its been shot in over 30 years,I know I didn't like it but didn't remember why,I think I still have a few balls around here for the little CVA maybe I'll get it dug out and shoot it in the next week or two,I'm curious if stock is why I didnt like it, I do remember the wind really effected that little ball.

Latest posts

Back