• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cva mountain prices?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m working on one a USA made in 45 I bought in 2010 for 100 in kit form. The previous owner got a bit excessive with a saw on the butt plate recess. And the chunk of wood at rear trigger guard I had to epoxy back in. Hoping to hunt with it next year.

Last year at our local gun show... before all the virus manure went down, I spotted 4 t/c Hawken rifles for around 175-200 per rifle and a cva mountain rifle for 150. I bought the mountain rifle and brought it home, redone it and sold it to my buddy for what I had in it. If I would have had the insight ( and money of course) I would have purchased all those rifles and resold them right about now.This gun craze we are seeing now has now reached our beloved Muzzeloading sport... and I see no end in sight. When several brass framed rusty revolvers sell for 150$ a piece and ppl are jumping all over them, we are in trouble!!!

I have two CVA Mntn rifles, both "Made in USA" [Douglas barrels]. I recently turned down $475 for one and the buyer paid about that or more for one he later found. My best one has a curly maple stock and is a great shooter. It is also very nicely finished and fitted. It is as good as my GPR. Worth $600 … well, maybe. Polecat

I picked up a four screwed patch box .50 caliber CVA Mountain rifle about a year ago for $100.00 at a rendezvous. It was missing the butt plate, the strange greenish finish on it was beat up and had a load stuck in the breach. Found a NOS butt plate on flea bay for $20.00, got the old charge cleaned out, gave it a refinish and have a nice shooter for under $125.00. Most of my CVA rifle collection was acquired needing some type of work to get them to shoot but they are a lot like a Chevy, easy to work on and reliable once fixed.

Attachments

• CVA Mountain Rifle 01.jpg
    CVA Mountain Rifle 01.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 77
  • CVA Mountain Rifle 02.jpg
    CVA Mountain Rifle 02.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Mountain Rifle stock 03.jpg
    Mountain Rifle stock 03.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Mountain Rifle stock 04.jpg
    Mountain Rifle stock 04.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 65
I recently saw a mountain rifle listed as unfired condition, 45 caliber. $325.00.
Last year, I bought an unfired mountain pistol, 50 caliber, in a pawnshop for $ 80.00. I've seen the same pistol for as much as $ 250.00 online.
I do think that some people want top dollar and usually get it. I guess it depends on the market.

Are people really paying 4 to 500 dollars for these? I was looking on gunbroker and saw two one started at 400 and one at 495. Don't get me wrong I love mine but I think I paid 70.00 for it used lol.
Yeah I got sticker shock as well...my .50 calibre Mountain Rifle was $85.00 in a pawn shop when I was 14 yo...crazy.

Latest posts

Back