• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Crockett .32 ramrod replacement

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh9

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone ditch the aluminum ramrod that comes with the crocket for something that looks more correct?

When I bought my Crockett years ago it came with a wooden ramrod. I often used a rod made from a COATED piece of fiberglass rod.

I don't have a Crockett, but I do have a Traditions Shenandoah in .36 that came with an aluminum ram rod. I ditched it right away and replaced it with a brass ram rod. Looks much better, and is stronger. I suggest you also look for a brass ram rod. Tennessee Valley Mfg. has them.

Thanks for the replies, just checked TOTW and will probably try hickory.

If I go brass, did you use 1/4 or 5/16? And how do you attach fittings to the rod? Never made a ramrod before. My stock rod measures .275, and thimbles are about .332

Last edited:
If I remember right, it was 5/16. I drilled and tapped both ends with 10-32 threads to match the tools that you can buy or if you have a lathe, make yourself. I can check for sure on the rod size later today if someone else doesn't tell you.

Last edited:
Back