• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Converting Rifled To Smooth Bore

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeMat1856

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,

I can't make up my mind as to whether or i'd like to have a SxS .58 rifled Howdah converted to smoothbore barrels or just leave them as is.

One option is to simply buy an interchangable SxS 20g, but that costs almost as much as an entirely new handgun.

Another option would be to have a gunsmith (there is only 1 in the area) re-bore one side to smooth and leave the other as rifled .58, but he is rather tight-lipped when i ask about cost.

Can anyone here give a ballpark figure for how long this might take and an estimate of the cost ?

Any assistance much appreciated,

~daniel~

11/11/16
16:30

Go to the General Muzzle loading section and read Roached out TC barrel and you will find your answer. :wink:

smo,

i thank ya' kindly.

found the post on this forum ; found a couple of comments on other forums / sites with mr. hoyt's last known address (he doesn't actually have his own website. true old school kinda' guy) ; and will send a letter a.s.a.p.

problem (half) solved ! :thumbsup:

~d~

Back