• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Considering a Matchlock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Considering purchasing a match lock musket, much like our Ancestors carried to Jamestown. I realize much of the vendors are in India. Any recommendations from members whom have purchased one of these, and if so are they satisfied with them?

Well, my first one was a fishtail stocked 75-cal matchlock musket from Veteran Arms.

I had zero issues with it, build quality or otherwise. I proofed it myself, with a double ball load and double charge. Before that shot I measured every inch of the barrel, up 12”, to the 0.00010ths of an inch and there was no change.

I only sold it due the 75 caliber, not my first choice, and someone offered me more than I paid for it. They are now $750 I think. But I will be selling some 75-cal roundballs here soon, sized 0.730” & 0.735”. Track of the Wolf gets $82 per hundred and I’ll much less than 1/2 of that.

So go for it, the only caution is beware … “once you go to match”, you never go back. I am now building and making my own. They are faster in ignition than even percussion BP arms!

Back