• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colt Address on Non-Colt Percussion Revolvers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bprevolver

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Over the years I have observed many replica percussion revolvers that have the Colt Address on top of the barrel. I have collected a few stories about these and would like to hear from anyone who has an idea on the history of these markings.

bprevolver said:
Over the years I have observed many replica percussion revolvers that have the Colt Address on top of the barrel. I have collected a few stories about these and would like to hear from anyone who has an idea on the history of these markings.

They go back to the original production period and at that time were intended as fakes to be sold as Colt products.
The only one I have ever really looked at was a slightly smaller than full scale copy of an SAA. Likely made in Mexico or Europe.

Dan

Dixie Gun Works back in the early 80(s) imported some BP revolvers that were made by Armi San Marco. They were stamped with the Colt Address. Not sure if Colt stopped it or how long they had been doing it. They were some interesting guns. I had one of the 1860 Army models and a Walker model that I eventually traded off. Wished I still had them.

Back