• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colorado peeps!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I've been slow to respond and overall absent from the forum lately. A full week away from work seems to equate to 3 weeks of make up.

As I've said before, we had to change hunting locations this year due to a fire so we were going in a little blind outside of the few days I spent scouting this summer. It took us a full 3 days to locate the elk but then felt pretty confident going into the last half of the season. Saw good numbers of elk (and lots of deer) and had few in range but none that presented clear and ethical shots. So, nothing but good memories and tag soup this year!

Here are a few photos for kicks.

Beautiful country and it's good to see you got a furry little friend to share it with.

That little guy showing up would make the whole trip worthwhile for a lot of us. :thumbsup: :)

The little critter is a pine marten. He hung out with me at that spot for about 20 minutes. Figure I was glassing from his toilet or something...

azmntman,
We drew tags for units 28, 37, and 371. So, let's say somewhere in one of those units... Plus it's 10 miles from the road and one of those perplexing "uphill both ways" hikes! To anyone who might be reading this, you definitely don't want to hunt there. :haha: :hatsoff:

Nice pictures and the pine marten must have been a fun encounter. I was in 28 this year but went all civilized and camped in a FS campground.

I had an archery elk tag too but didn't really pursue them. I saw elk and they were all low in the valleys near water. What was different this year was how brown and dry the ground cover was around and above timberline.

I just read an article where pine martens are hunting and killing linx! They won't go after bobcat. This months American Hunter.

Back