• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Colonial Style Brazier

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
colorado clyde said:
Washington supposedly had one also....But I cannot see soldiers other than a few officers having one due to the weight and cost.....at least not a metal one.

That's true, and I don't do military so it's not correct for my camp. However they never faced fire marshal burning bans, nor tourist parading through camp who never have been near a campfire or cooking fire in life. The men of washingtons time faced an army of muskets and sharp steel. Today we have to defend against the army with a three piece suit with a lap top and a writ.

However they never faced fire marshal burning bans, nor tourist parading through camp who never have been near a campfire or cooking fire in life.

They didn't reenact either.... :haha:

We have to comply with modern times.

They had too many other pressing things about which to worry that "playing make-believe" (as we do) was the furthest thing from their mind...

It appears to be the same brazier carried by many vendors - Made in China or India (I suspect). No matter, it works well...

Hand-forged - not so much. Machine-formed parts tack-welded together.

Definitely an import. However, I use then pan in the picture on the brazier in the picture, and have no complaints.

5576-100-001-900x900.jpg

I own one of these and have had good luck with it. More importantly my lovely wife likes it. A skillet or Dutch oven will sit nicely on the top tabs.

Beware your shins - I've had an encounter or two with the ears and they bite....

I considered building one myself, but decided the materials, equipment and labor costs far exceeded the $50 I paid for mine.

I may still build one in the future using historical examples as models. Until then, the purchased brazier will suffice...

As an aside, I will be modifying the brazier I have. The grill swivels so charcoal can be loaded, but the opening is restricted due to the placement of the pivot points. I need to make the grill removable.

I've thought about getting one of those. They are not hc in any view, but given fire regs or going to events on historic sites it is appealing... as long as we don't invent a story like " this was the first version of Franklin's stove known to be used by Arnold before Saratoga ' :haha:

LOL! We decided on this one as we have friends attending that are brazier-less and will be sharing ours.

I'll have to come up with a better story now!!

given fire regs or going to events on historic sites it is appealing

Not just "appealing" but sometimes a necessity. I bought mine at a ronny in Dripping Springs, OK. The weather was tinder dry and hot. Park regs would not allow inconfined fires so I bought a brazier.
FWIW, two days later the temp dropped and we had rainfall so heavy it washed out many camps and the roads were turned into raging rivers. Lotsa fun. :td:

Back