• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Christmas Gift Photos

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john s mosby

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Let's see some photos of the stuff we got for Chrismas. I'll start. My step son gave me this neat model in a shadow box frame of a Winchester 1873 Rifle. It's not real of course, but the detail is really nice. He found it in an antique market. The tag reads, Frontier Carbine, 1873, The Gun That Won The West.

Merry Christmas everyone.

216051850.jpg

Nice gift! Out of curiosity what model and caliber is the revolver on the mantal?

Don

I'd post a pic if I could but since I can't you'll just have to imagine hee hee. Christmas for me n the wife is our new house.Old four bedroom farm house built in the 1870's n sitting on 2.43 acres of ground. It's got an old barn foundation up on one end n a bit of a wetlands n some woods attached down the other end. It's sort of long n narrow only 240 some feet wide but it's all mine. Best Christmas present I got in many a year LOL YMHS Birdman

Wow Birdman
A new home, sounds nice. Nothing like those older farm houses. Some pictures would be nice when you have time though.

I really like shadow boxes. Looks like you have a nice looking mantel.

Pictures of an original friction folder my family gave me.

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

Joe

WOW doesn't even come close to discribe that knife. You must have been a very good boy this year.

What kind of camera do you use to get close up pictures that sharp?

Joe that is one SWEET LITTLE KNIFE !!!! supurb carving n interesting pattern. Whats the wood in the handle if ya can tell? Really like the combination of chip carving, birds/fish mouth n all the rest of it. I"M JEALOUS :bow: YMHS Birdman

Mr. Mosby:
The camera is a Canon Power Shot A610. Evidently my family thought I had been better than I thought I have. Do you think it could have been all those long hours slow cooking all those beef briskets and pork shoulders for Bar-B-Cue feasts?

Birdman:
I do not know what the wood is. The intricate carving detail is amazing. I know that this gift will give me many hours of enjoyment in reasearching its origin. Perhaps in the future when I know more about it, I could post a thread of its own.

Thanks for your comments.

Joe

Back