• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Chip of wood coming off behind barrel tang

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could bed that thing like Keith says and then put a nice carving back there that will hide the glue seam. Heck-- just carve the whole gun, Engrave it also.

All guns look better with some forms of embellishment on them, and all metal needs engraving to some degree.

I like good wood, checkering, modest carving and good metal finish (rust browned or blued), never cared for engraving of any kind.
Just differences in taste. Mike D.

There is some mild carving on the rifle, but it is mostly just a utilitarian flintlock.
Rusty the cat is about 16 or 17 years old and spends most of his time draped over my shoulders when I work in my home office. And he is very smart and well educated:
ohhp.jpg

Ron

Doesn't that largely depend on the metal part being discussed? Certainly large patch boxes scream out asking for it more so than ram rod pipe flats.

I thought the Cat photo was cool.
I have glass bedded 700 Remington rifles what i have learned is to read all the directions carefully.
If you have anything that works like a wedge or a hole it can lock your barrel to the stock and extremely hard to remove.
If the tang bolt is not drilled in properly and allows the barrel to shift back on recoil this will also have to be addressed.
Good Luck and take your time.

Back