• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Central Georgia

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hugh

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm in central Georgia. Been interested in black powder shooting for maybe 40 years. Only been active though for the past 10-12 or so. I'm a historian. Rev War is my period of choice although since I'm in GA that "other war" seems to creep into everything I work on. I've written several articles for Muzzle Blasts. Was at a match today in Lenox, GA. Shot a 50 cal Early VA style rifle made by Jackie Brown. A guy next to me was shoot a Bess...did very well, too. Made me want to get my Bess out and shoot it tomorrow. I used to shoot pistols but can't hold 'em at arm's length any more one handed. "shooter's elbow" I guess. Or, old age and general decrepitude. See ya at the range.

Greybeard : A Big Welcome To The Camp ! !

Glad you found us!! :thumbsup:
I'm located on the other side of the Rocky Mountains.
( Oregon )I bet your finding that this site has
alot of information. Well have alot of fun. and if you
need help, there's alot of good folks here at the forum.
So just ask, someone will beable to help you with your
answer. Again Welcome !! Mtn-Man2u :)
for you.

Welcome Graybeard...

A historian eh?

:hmm:

Nice thing about history, every second something new is added...

I wonder what future historians will think of us? :hmm:

Greybeard,
welcome to the forum glad to have you
on board. sounds like you mite have the perfect
background and add a lot of knowledge around
here :imo:. hope you will join in and contribute
whenever you can.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :thumbsup: :) :peace: :)

GB,

welcome.gif

Prepare yourself for a fun & informative experience!

:redthumb:

Greybeard,

Welcome! I've been known to write a word or two for Muzzle Blasts my ownself. Pull up a stump. Coffee's on and th' comp'ny is good. Kick back and rest a spell - You're home now...

...The Kansan...

Welcome to the forum, I was also at the shoot in Lenox, I was the shorter fella on the other side of the big guy with the bess! :thumbsup:

welcome to the forum, I am the "normal guy" with the Bess. :crackup: :crackup: Are you the one with the german silver on his gun? :: :: An god I do love to shoot that Bess, it's a short modle and i wonder if a regular Bess would shoot better at 100 yds??? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Welcome Greybeard - glad to have you aboard.
Hope to see you here 'n there around the forum.

IM jaybe :thumbsup:

8 Point
Nope. I don't have German Silver. We spoke briefly walking back from 100 yard targets. I mentioned my Bess shooting low. I was shooting a 50 cal flint at Lenox. If you and Swamp Fox are close enough to Griffin (up I-75 from you) they have a great match 1st Sunday of every month. Let me know if you need directions. Were you able to talk J.D. out of that sawed off Bess?

Greybeard, Welcome!

Come over to the 225th Anniversary of the Seige of Charleston next month (may 14-16, IIRC), Scout out the British Camp (why would one want to go anywhere else!), and say hello to the 42 Rgt. of Foot. Both the Lights and the Lt. Col's Company will be there and we'll get you in the spirit!!!

Jim aka kiltiemon

Guys,
:eek:ff: Thanks in advance for your co-operation.
snake-eyes :hmm: :peace: :) :thumbsup:

Naay, J.D. won't part with it... But he may have to sence he bought that bench gun. :crackup: :crackup: cross yer fingers.....

Back