• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Casting dipper

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for a walk in any city these days and check whats in the gutter. CO2 cartridges are all over my town. I made a dipper boring out the hole, cutting a nickle size hole in the side and then welded a cheap 12 inch screwdriver so it is 90 deg. to the cartridge and have used it for years. Everything from .30 to .70 and cost was under 3 bucks. Even use it on gang molds. Fox

Mooman76 said:
bubba.50 said:
if yer pourin' anything bigger than a B-B stay away from that itty-bitty Lee "dipper".

I use the Lee dipper no problem and it holds 1000 grains of lead.

your Lee dipper must be either much older or much newer than the one I had. mine looked like the gravy-ladle out of Barbie's Dream House. and was almost as handy.

[/quote]

your Lee dipper must be either much older or much newer than the one I had. mine looked like the gravy-ladle out of Barbie's Dream House. and was almost as handy.
[/quote]

That pretty much describes my Lee dipper.

[/quote]

That pretty much describes my Lee dipper.
[/quote]

Mine too but I modified mine slightly. I took a small file to the spout to take out the roughness so it would pour more direct and I bent the neck of the ladle slightly so it would come out of the pot level so it could hold slightly more lead. I was curious after hearing complaints all the time about how little lead they hold so I filled it with lead and let it cool.

I have an old and a new one and they are exactly the same.

Years ago, when I first started casting my own lead projectiles, I bought a Lyman dipper. It is an excellent dipper and I have never wanted anything else. It holds plenty of molten lead to cast any projectile that you are ever likely to want to cast. Of all of the dippers on the market, my recommendation is the Lyman dipper. :thumbsup:

bubba.50 said:

Yep. Mine is good for stirring the pot, that's about it.

Back