• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cap Prices?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shmrck1

Cannon
Reaction score
Wondering what folks are paying for caps?
Specifculy CCI magnums? $58.50/m about right?
Like to load up while I still can.Along with
3fff Goex.
snake-eyes :hmm:

I bought a 1000 CCI magnums #11's at Friendship two years ago - $31.00.

I paid 5.95 for Remingtons at Log Cabin,RSW were 6.75. in March. I sent my Foster cap maker over to my Grandson as he is shooting a lot. Dilly

I just bought 500 RWS #1075 at a local place here for $4.99 a 100 count and had a gift cirtificate from Gander Mountain. They had CCI also for $4.99 a 100 count also. I try to buy RWS when ever I can.

That was a good buy. I just priced some a week ago & they were $55. a thousand for the CCI's. The German ones were $60. a thousand.

I think all of of this stuff will come back down after people get over "The Sky is Falling" syndrome. They did the same exact thing when Clinton was first elected. :shake: I was at a gun show last week & the ammo venders think it is hilarious and they are making a killing on it.

They one guy told me "These idiots will buy anything at any price. Then instead of saving it, they go out, shoot it up & come back & do the same thing next week !! It is just hilarious & our sales have quadrupled since January !! We have made more money on ammo in the past 4 months than we have in the past 2 years ! "

$4.99 retail is the best price I can find. Because of the hazmat fee for shipping when buying online/catalog the best price I can come up with is still right at $4.99/100 CCI #11, and that is buying 10,000. Magnums do cost slightly more. I have a distributer warehouse about 1 1/2 hours drive from here that will sell direct and then there is no hazmat charge, but gas prices make up the difference. So I have decided to support my local gun shop and buy my caps there, at the above listed price. I commonly hear from other shooters that they clean up Wallyworld at the end of hunting season and get them for closeout prices, often $1.00 per tin. I seem to always miss the caps though. A year ago at Dick's Sporting goods I was able to buy 5 boxes of .50 cal balls for $5 a piece at end of season closeout, that made me happy.

:hmm: Replying in RED

Birddog6 said:
That was a good buy. I just priced some a week ago & they were $55. a thousand for the CCI's. The German ones were $60. a thousand.Yes it was and thought of buying more but I have a lot on hand.

I think all of of this stuff will come back down after people get over "The Sky is Falling" syndrome. They did the same exact thing when Clinton was first elected. :shake: I was at a gun show last week & the ammo venders think it is hilarious and they are making a killing on it. You maybe right but looking at the prices on caps and powder just in the last five year it has went up every year. I started this bp game and was buying caps for .99 to $1.29. Powder was under $10.00 and now its $18.00. I hope your right but if not I will have a few extra on hand. I like to keep a years supply ahead.

They one guy told me "These idiots will buy anything at any price. Then instead of saving it, they go out, shoot it up & come back & do the same thing next week !! It is just hilarious & our sales have quadrupled since January !! We have made more money on ammo in the past 4 months than we have in the past 2 years ! " That maybe true and if you have the money to play why not. I enjoy shooting as I use to shoot center fires at a rate of 500 to 700 rds a month. But my budget does let me do that now. Seems in this area center fire stuff is gone off the shelves at the sporting goods stores, but BP items are still there and reasonable. But you still have a few shops that will flee you if they have the chance and opportunity. Those business's I don't deal with.

IMHO :thumbsup:

I just paid $6.99 for the last plastic container of 1075 RWS in the store. Lots of musket caps left as well as CCI magnums and #10 caps. Just no #11.

OUCH! I hate to even show this pic. Yep, $3.69.
caps003.jpg

Maybe Utah is more ML friendly???? Cabela's right down the street has them for $47.99 per 1000.

Steve

Good gracious...the last caps I bought were CCI magnums back when they came out...$2.99/100...3000 caps out the door was less than $100 even with sales tax rolled in...the kind of prices you guys are dealing with are almost double that.

Continues to make getting 50-100 shots out of a black english flint...even after adding 3grns of 4F to the pan...a very economical ignition

:thumbsup: Thats my next step is a flint. I just wonder if I'm in the area to find flint in the woods as others have posted. Then it would be real cheap. :hatsoff:

I can pick it up out of the gravels here. Have 5gal buckets full. When running the trap lines at creek,can pick it up on gravel bars :grin: Dilly

roundball,
Friend,believe me I know of your conversion
to F/L and appreciate it. My passion is for
percussion,although I own and use F/L. B/P
is a passion in itself.If I could not shoot it, I would have be around those that do,just to
breath it.
snake-eyes

Once a year or so wally world has the magnum caps for 4.50 or so. I always get a couple to add to the stash. Picked up some 3f a few days ago and noticed some Elephant Brand in my stash. Guess it is getting a few years old. Hardly ever bust any caps. Any ideas how long they will keep? Wish they would go on sale for a buck here. Larry Wv

I bought caps at a gunshow last fall for 34.50 a 1000. that was cheap, cci but not magnums. Where I ussually get them they run 45-48$ a 1000.

I'm still sitting on a few thousand so I haven't bought any recently. I usually buy them at gun shows though. I find them for $3.50-$4.00 a 100 usually. Most of the dealers I buy from bought a bazillion of them back in the 70's or 80's and are still selling them out pretty cheap, especially if you buy 1,000 or so at a time.

Plink,
Well,I just got 5tins of CCImags for $25, so I
guess I did not get hurt too bad....Last time
I bought any I believe they were like,$3.25 per
hundred.I bought 2000 and got them for $2.65
per hundred.They were Remingtons that I never had a problem with,but it was just
easier to get CCI's....
snake-eyes :hmm:

Back