• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Cap & Ball Revolver vs. Modern Handgun Qualification Course

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotspark said:
I just bought a revolver(1860 army) and was looking for a good holster for it. Where might one locate a well made slim Jim holster ?Or is there a good place to have a look a several different styles of holsters. Truthfully at this point im not sure what i want or what is available. Really enjoyed the vid, nicely done... Jack

If memory serves, MidwayUSA sells a slim-jim repro.

HRF

Enjoyable & entertaining video, thanks for sharing. You just earned another sub!

You can greatly reduce the fouling of the pistol by putting some lube over the bullets. When fired the lube gets splattered on the forcing cone & arbor keeping it lubed up & running smoothly. You can easily get 3x the shots out of a C&B revolver before you HAVE to clean them. I typically use Crisco as a cheap & readily available lube. It is also a good at preventing a chain fire which your wads do as well. With the lube though you dont need the wads unless you want to compress your load.
Another expedient is to just pull the cylinder & wipe it down with a rag.

hrfunk said:
I've got to get a Colt repro one of these days so I can compare them.

HRF

Depending on where you live in the Buckeye I could borrow you a couple to try out. I live in Kentucky but work in Cincinnati. I pretty much have every model that has been made a repro of except the Walker.

While I like my Remingtons I love my Colts. Much smoother & better pointers though the Remmy's do have an edge in accuracy.

Thanks for the offer. I’m 3+ hours north of you, so I doubt you’ll want to make that trip. Sooner or later I’ll get one of my own. I’ve always liked the styling of the 1860 Army!

HRF

Thank you, I happened upon Cochise leather and decided on an 1800’s style black powder rig. Look forward to seeing more of your videos...

Latest posts

Back