• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

camp box

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Very pretty! Me Like :grin:

PLEASE NOTE THE SIZE OF THE BOX, LADIES, GENTS, & BOYS AND GIRLS!

Take it from lots of personal experience...it's better to move two or three boxes that size or smaller, than a single "chuck box" twice that size. I am currently reducing my two Large kitchen boxes into four smaller containers, and reducing what I put into them to lighter materials, or simply eliminating some rarely or never used items.

Makes a BIG difference at the end of the event.

LD

Loyalist Dave said:
Take it from lots of personal experience...it's better to move two or three boxes that size or smaller, than a single "chuck box" twice that size.
Amen to That!
I've seen some really neat kitchen set up's where two-three smaller boxes with drop fronts and doors that were "stackable" bringing the top to a work surface/cutting board about 34" high.

Nice-sized box. That said, the handles are of a modern design and stand out...

Would it be a block? It seams I have seen steam bent, or maybe I was just assuming they were steam bent. While it would not be hc you can remove the handles and toss them in a fire. Burned black they won't stand out.

you could toss them in a fire or torch the galvanizing off the handles and hasp and they would rust/brown on their own but they are still modern design? that is a good looking and well organized box though. and smaller is definitely better, in my early years I built a trunk large enough to hold all my cookware and clothes so all I had to grab was one box. was a great idea right? until I tried to lift after it was filled, would've needed a 20 mule team and derrick hoist to get it in the truck! :doh:

The handles are modern. Simple wood slats, rope beckets or leather would be better. Several smaller boxes can be stacked to make a higher work surface or used as seats. We only pack light but fragile items (lanterns, teapot, copper pan) in our bigger box in order to keep the weight down to something one person can lift.

tenngun said:
Yeah it would not be hc but look a little better. Was simple rope used? I have done no research on this.
Rope handles, from the little looking I've done, were confined to a few ship's or captain's chests. Personally, I despise rope handles - they are uncomfortable and don't look very nice on a finished box.

You'd be far better off with a few heavy-duty cotter-pins, fender washers and 1/4 rod bent into a "C" shape. At least similar handles can be found on originals. There are also companies that will sell reproduction period handles (at a range of prices).

Back