• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Calling All Lead Casting Freaks and Gurus.....Do You Remember This Casting Site?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

64Springer

75 Cal.
Reaction score
This lead and casting site, which I can't find now, was/is the single greatest online casting bible you could find.

It looked a bit antiquated. Light blue background. Maybe a bit of yellow or gold highlights. Lots of charts for alloy recipes. 10:1, 20:1, 40:1, Lyman #2, tin and antimony percentages, etc.

It addressed air cooling, water quenching and oven hardening.

I believe it was loosely attached to the Roto-Metal site, but I can't find it there. Going off of memory from 5-6 years ago.

If any site has people who've seen this site and remember where it is, it's you guys.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
This lead and casting site, which I can't find now, was/is the single greatest online casting bible you could find.

It looked a bit antiquated. Light blue background. Maybe a bit of yellow or gold highlights. Lots of charts for alloy recipes. 10:1, 20:1, 40:1, Lyman #2, tin and antimony percentages, etc.

It addressed air cooling, water quenching and oven hardening.

I believe it was loosely attached to the Roto-Metal site, but I can't find it there. Going off of memory from 5-6 years ago.

If any site has people who've seen this site and remember where it is, it's you guys.

Many thanks in advance.
Has to do with casting ,remember it explaining different alloys/hardness and it went along with Roto metal as a supplier along with descriptions and how they compare . Perhaps call them as they will know exactly what your askin about/Ed

Anyone near Monterey CA know a good casting site?

If so please PM me.
Cast Boolits and LASC are the "Bibles" of casting. LASC is is in CA, not sure how close LA is to Monterey.Why are you wanting another site in CA? These sites are accessible, even in Commieforia! If you're lokking for a "brick and mortar" type place, then the LASC clubhouse might be the place to start. I'm pretty sure they don't cast boolits there, but there's a bunch of people there that do.

Last edited:
LA several hundred Miles.

Not looking for "another site".

Am looking for a place near Monterey CA to cast.

LA several hundred Miles.

Not looking for "another site".

Am looking for a place near Monterey CA to cast.
What are you talking about? A physical location?

There's no such thing as an actual Lead Projectile Casting Site.

Gather up all the tools/lead you need and cast lead projectiles in your kitchen or backyard.

The area I live in has too many young children so I am looking for a safe place to cast.

Where I will not expose others to the lead.

Back