• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying rolling papers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally tried the hair curling end papers and will stay with them. I find they(the brand I find is called SALLY)are more durable than cigarette papers which helps in handling the finished cartridges. Plus you don't have to nitrate them. Everything I've tried left a little ash/residue in the chamber. To see how much this mattered--since I will be using them at Cowboy matches and cleaning the chambers each stage isn't always possible--I did an experiment. On four separate occasions I shot two 51 Navies fully loaded six times each without any cleaning of the chambers. I wanted to see if the residue would interfere with ignition. It did not. Ignition was instantaneous. That is a total of 248 shots without the slightest issue.

Cigarette papers if treated would be so the do not burn as fast or are self extinguishing as most made ones are for fire safety when idiots smoke and fall asleep when dong so.

Nitrating a paper such as the end type used by hairdressers is so they will combust fully when the charge is fired.

There are posts and instructions online for nitrating the paper. Dixie used to sell already nitrated papers along with some Magic/joke shops.

Marc Adamchek said:
necchi, what's an "OD" brass tube?
Outside Diameter.
The opposite of which is I.D. Inside Diameter.
I got 12"s for a couple bucks,,
(not $10-12,, not $20)
maybe your hardware store can help,, or a "crafts" shop.
Or go buy 6"s of soft copper

I don't believe the end papers are nitrated. Point I was intending to make is it isn't necessary to nitrate them. By the way, I meant to type 288 shots without issue. Sorry for hitting the wrong key.

My first tabacker was Bull Durham in the cotton sack and I liked closing the bag like Rowdy Yates with one hand and my teeth, you know the drill.

Agreed, end papers aren't nitrated - why would they be? Cig papers are plenty strong and heavy enough for our purposes.

nhmoose said:
Cigarette papers if treated would be so the do not burn as fast or are self extinguishing as most made ones are for fire safety when idiots smoke and fall asleep when dong so.

Nitrating a paper such as the end type used by hairdressers is so they will combust fully when the charge is fired.

There are posts and instructions online for nitrating the paper. Dixie used to sell already nitrated papers along with some Magic/joke shops.

I was wondering why end papers were nitrated, doesn't seem like a good idea to walk around with hair curlers in nitrated papers.

I checked out on magic shop nitrated paper; very reasonably priced but the shipping rate is way out there since they have to be shipped ground transportation because they're flammable. Something like $18 minimum. I think I'll stick to Zig-Zags.

used to smoke Drum tobacco out in the field, rolled in zigzags. quit smoking a few years back. miss it sometimes .
anyhoo, since cannabis is going to be legal nation wide here in october, all those fancy rolling papers are all over the place in Canada. I`ll keep an eye out for some of those brands mentioned.

Gene L said:
nhmoose said:

I was wondering why end papers were nitrated, doesn't seem like a good idea to walk around with hair curlers in nitrated papers.

End papers are not sold nitrated No kidding it would be bad. The shooter will have to nitrate them themselves. Look up nitrating paper. :doh:

Nitrating cig papers is completely unnecessary. I use American Spirit. No delay, no hang fires and almost no residue. Nitrate if you want to but it makes no difference when shooting.

Latest posts

Back