• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Buying A Flintlock?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Brooks said:
Asking what is "right" for a particular style of gun isn't very popular here these days. The guys that bought guns they thought were PC and then find out they aren't get pretty cranky when they are reminded about it. :haha:
Trying to educate here is not a fun thing anymore, it makes many very angry and everyone wants to kill the messenger. Most of the guys that know anything don't post anymore on the subject.

Popular or not, I hope you guys who know this stuff keep it up. That type of info is one of the best things about this site.

:grin: Mike Brooks target------- $.25 ea.
scared00121.gif

Runingwest.jpg

Mike, fire is always directed to the strongest point, so if you, TG and some of the others are catching a lot of arrows it must mean you are doing something right. Keep up the good work guys. Whether everyone knows it or not, guys like you are the backbone of the hobby. :wink:

Va.Manuf.06 said:
Mike, fire is always directed to the strongest point, so if you, TG and some of the others are catching a lot of arrows it must mean you are doing something right. Keep up the good work guys. Whether everyone knows it or not, guys like you are the backbone of the hobby. :wink:

I'll second that motion.

Robert

For everybody on the thread who was following the discussion of the locks and their performance, here was the email response from Jim Chambers:

"All of our locks will be within one or two milliseconds of each other in actual lock time. More time variation will show up in the style of touch hole than in the lock.
The Early Germanic lock is certainly one that would have been found on an early Lancaster rifle. But, either of the other locks you mentioned would have been available from the 1775 and later periods. If I had to bet money on one lock or another giving trouble free performance I would place my money on the Deluxe Siler or the Golden Age lock. However, I don't think you could go wrong with any of them."
Jim Chambers

Back