• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

BP Price Survey Updated to 1/13/2009

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mykeal

58 Cal.
Reaction score
No, I'm not going to do this every week, but I've got a few minutes tonight, so:

Jack's Powder Keg got back and confirmed the prices on their web site include hazmat fees and shipping, so the data in the chart is correct.

Powder Inc. increased their hazmat fee to $22.50 from $20 and I've included that. I also found an arithmetic error in computing the per pound charges for the Powder Inc. 25 lb lots. Powder Inc.'s KIK in 25 lb lots is now the least expensive per pound price, even with the hazmat fee increase.

I sorted the data in the brand chart to show the least expensive per pound price first within each brand.

Here's the new chart by brand:
BPPricesbybrand1-13.jpg

By supplier:
BPPricesbysupplier1-13.jpg

When you get it from Goex it is in the same box that 25, 1 lb cans come in but it is in a big plastic bag inside the box, just the powder no cans.
Longball 58

billd said:
When you buy powder in bulk, how does it actually come?
I get mixed granulations, so my 25# case didn't have the plastic bag, just came in the heavy cardboard box. I've only ordered full cases so don't know what type of container a lesser amount would be shipped in.

I buy case full at Graf's. 2, 3 and 4F mostly 3F since most of my BP shooting is C&B revolvers. lasts me several years.

Hi again,

Refering to your answer to me on the previous thread about this, that powder was not ordered in 2008. I ordered it from Deer Creek on Monday, and recieved it on Wednesday. So, those are currient as of last week.
Hope this helps, Jim/OH :hatsoff:

Sounds like you got a $2.50 break. You certainly got excellent UPS Ground service. :thumbsup:

It was actually delivered by Fed Ex. Don't know if that makes any difference in the Haz Mat charge or not. Anyway, it worked well for me. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back