• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

boy scout turkey shoot tomorrow with myself demonstrating 'pilgrim'

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
century arms: wheelock [ leonard day copy of the John Alden gun], matchlock musket and flintlock blunderbuss;
today was my first chance to try the wheelie [.62 bore] and the matchlock [.75 bore] and they both worked quite well; our summer camp rangemaster/scoutmaster, and myself and another NRA certified instructor will then let the young men compete for prizes with caplocks [.50 and .36] since the scouting regs permit only caplocks and none larger than .50 at that;
still this is an excellent way to thrill young men and remind them of our heritage and the role firearms played within it. we do this every year and this year are going to help other troops do the same.

I am a scout leader from troop 306, where my son attends as well.

It is great what your doing, I wish I was a certified instructor, so I could sponsor more shoots with our boys!

Last year we went to a outdoor rally, where they had a couple of black powder guns. One gun was a side lock percussion, and the other I would not allow my scouts to shoot :grin:

I am really about to push a rifle kit purchase for our troop, and wonder if any vendors give scout/volume discounts?

Mule

Mule Brain said:
I am a scout leader from troop 306, where my son attends as well.

It is great what your doing, I wish I was a certified instructor, so I could sponsor more shoots with our boys!

Last year we went to a outdoor rally, where they had a couple of black powder guns. One gun was a side lock percussion, and the other I would not allow my scouts to shoot :grin:

I am really about to push a rifle kit purchase for our troop, and wonder if any vendors give scout/volume discounts?

Mule

Our local Cabelas store will give Scout troops a discount. More so on their brand name items than private labels. Give them a call and see what they'll do.

i beleive that at least one other company gives a discount on muzzleloaders for scouts; i will ask and post the answer here; almost certainly your rangemaster from your local scout camp is a certified instructor; he could supervise and he can also offer the NRA courses to certify your scout leaders in rifles and/or muzzleloaders. a class can have quite a few people in it, so your troop could wind up with 3 or 4 certified instructors easily. regulations on whether all the assistants at the shoot have to be certified may vary from district to dsitrict, i don't know but will ask.

Back