• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bobby Hoyt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took a rifle that he rebored into a gunsmith last week and became out after looking the rifle over to talk to me. His comment was “ don’t get many Bobby Hoyt barrels in here , SPI had to come out to meet you”. So I told him It wasn’t his barrel but he did rebore this rifle.
Don’t have a clue how he knew. He went on to say he was a avid 40 year flintlock builder and shooter and didn’t get a chance to see and discuss these things with his current customers and wanted meet me.
So I’m thinking he must have seen something on my barrel. Took it apart and I can’t find anything.
I guess I’ll go back and talk to him!

I took a rifle that he rebored into a gunsmith last week and became out after looking the rifle over to talk to me. His comment was “ don’t get many Bobby Hoyt barrels in here , SPI had to come out to meet you”. So I told him It wasn’t his barrel but he did rebore this rifle.
Don’t have a clue how he knew. He went on to say he was a avid 40 year flintlock builder and shooter and didn’t get a chance to see and discuss these things with his current customers and wanted meet me.
So I’m thinking he must have seen something on my barrel. Took it apart and I can’t find anything.
I guess I’ll go back and talk to him!
Maybe the barrel simply had the "look" of Mr. Hoyt's work, recognizable to him because of his 40 year familiarity with muzzle loaders? A '6th sense' maybe?

There's not that many people out there doing the work Mr. Hoyt does; maybe he can get one of those 18th c. type youngsters that sign on for an 8 year apprenticeship, like they did back then! :p

DSC03417.JPGDSC03415.JPG
IMG_0594.jpg

brown a hoyt made barrel the others are hoyt rebores barrels all marked
allen martin muzzle.jpg

Last edited:
I always go to his shop to drop off /pickup and visit (he's the nicest guy & .great to deal with) he stamped the barrels after inspecting and handing to me. not my request but a great way to improve the value of the barrel as his rep and work is top rate. the Hoyt name is well respected in our circles.

Back