• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bob Hoyt: Thanks a bunch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roguedog

45 Cal.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this post but I wanted to send out a big thanks to Bobby Hoyt and let everyone know how great a guy he is to work with. Based on the recommendations from this forum, I sent a barrel to Bobby for a rebore. The rifle barrel in question was from my first muzzleloading rifle, a T/C Renegade, .50 cal., that I bought in the mid 80's. Due to youth and inexperience, I had left the barrel uncleaned for an extended period and basically ruined it. It was full of rust and pits and was basically useless. The gun just sat there for years and I kept thinking that someday I would purchase a drop in barrel for it. Well, after reading about re-bores on the forum here, and learning about Bob Hoyt, I sent my barrel off to Bobby for a re-bore to .58 cal. I sent the barrel off earlier this month and have already got it back. As mentioned, I had him re-bore to .58 cal with a round ball twist of 1:60. The work that Bobby did looks great. I can't wait to get out and shoot it. I really appreciate the quality and the quick turnaround and, on top of everything else, his prices are extremely reasonable. Plus, he is a fine man to interact with. So, kudos to Mr. Hoyt and I would recommend him to anyone.

Jeff

How the hell did you get hold of him??? I've been trying to call him for 2 months & all I ever get is his Voicemail. I eventually have up & bought another barrel, however i have some other stuff for him to do.

How the hell did you get hold of him??? I've been trying to call him for 2 months & all I ever get is his Voicemail. I eventually have up & bought another barrel, however i have some other stuff for him to do.

He must have gotten annoyed with your repeated posts...er, I mean messages. :haha:

Enjoy, J.D.

Man keep that stuff under your hat! Just send the man a card! Bobby doesn't read here and we don't want everybody knowing how good he is....oops!!! :doh:

Seriously, I'm glad you had a good experience. Enjoy, J.D.

Sorry you've had such a hard time trying to reach Bobby. I can tell you, it is worth the effort. Strangely enough, I reached Bobby the first time I called him. However, when I tried to follow up I must admit it was pretty hard to actually reach him. I kept trying to call and ask him how he wanted me to pay him. One day, the barrel just showed up at the house with an invoice. Sometimes, it's worth a little difficulty to wind up with a good product at a fair price. For what it's worth, I was able to reach him the last time by calling early in the morning.

Jeff

hes done 2 barrels for me. an invest arms 50 cal to 58 smoothbore, and a green mt. 50 cal smooth bore. he rifle the grn mt. 1 in 60. thay have both been fitted to my lyman trade rifle.. now i m gettin them blued.

Going with a standard T/C Caliber it would be more cost effective to pick up a .54 off e-bay or Gunbroker and then you could sell the .50 or keep both.

Enjoy, J.D.

Does anyone know what calibers he does? I have a badly pitted .50 barrel that would be a good candidate for reboring to a slow twist .52 or .54.

I have a few barrels Bobby has relined for me. Agreed, workmanship is excellent!! You are lucky getting your barrel back in a month or less. I have five barrels there now that have been there since mid April. But he did tell me it would be six months :( The first smooth bore pistol barrel he did for me I had back in three weeks). He is a really nice guy to talk to - when you finally get hold of him. You can only get in touch by phone. Early AM seems to be the best to reach him. Just have to keep trying. His pricing is very reasonable. He can do almost any caliber you can imagine. Sure hope he is training an apprentice in case he decides to retire. :haha:

Back