• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Blackhorn 209

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well at least they have 209 primers. I have no need in the BH 209, especially at the price of only $168.00 a pound.

I have never used Blackhorn (and never will) but this post prompted me to look up load data and the only data I found was for rifles shooting modern style bullets - nothing for round ball loads. Is this propellant strictly for inline rifles shooting bullets? At $84/lb looks like you will pay @$0.84 per shot just for powder shooting a 70 gr load! Add a bullet and primer and appears the cost per shot will @$1.50! Has anyone used this in a traditional ML with round ball?

I have never used Blackhorn (and never will) but this post prompted me to look up load data and the only data I found was for rifles shooting modern style bullets - nothing for round ball loads. Is this propellant strictly for inline rifles shooting bullets? At $84/lb looks like you will pay @$0.84 per shot just for powder shooting a 70 gr load! Add a bullet and primer and appears the cost per shot will @$1.50! Has anyone used this in a traditional ML with round ball?
That’s $84 for 1/2 pound…

Blackhorn is meant for modern inlines and 209 primers but it doesn't work in all breechplug configurations. Even then it is meant to be a vol/vol equivalent, not weight/vol equivalent.

Back