• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Shoot and Rendezvous

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ringel05

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Visited one today in Colorado, pretty small, three traders. Guess it was mostly a competition shoot and less a rendezvous. Didn't realize how accustom I was to fairly strict authenticity standards. This was more like a NSSA shoot with two thirds of the people in modern clothing and nine tenths of the camping were in campers.

This weekend is also the Lancaster's restoration rendezvous at Fort Lupton, CO. The flyer seems to stress more authenticity. Might go up and check them out.

Link

Yep, sad fact many "authenic" clubs are folding do to lack of members. While some curosity seekers come by and want to play, the true authenics are dying off. Yet if we don't welcome the "moderns" to get them interested what is our future. At the New Frontiers man rendezvous we had 14 authenic camps and one $50,000 "tin teepee" The tin teppe brought three youths who really had a good time. I can remember when the same rendezvous had over 100 traditional camps and twenty youths! :idunno:

I've seen it in Civ War and WWII were participation drops off, sometime dramatically, only to resurge five, ten years down the road. I believe some of what's currently happening is economically related, I know it's my situation right now so I'm pretty much SOL until the money starts flowing in again.

The ironic thing is as I have expanded my trade blanket and am making a good profit where before I was lucky to cover my costs. Many of the rendezvous I used to go to are either folding completely or reducing the number of events.So ev en though I can aford to go to more events , others cann't.

Latest posts

Back