• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Black Powder Prices

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mykeal

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Results of a survey of BP supplier web sites on 2/19:
BPPricesbybrand2-19.jpg

BPPricesbysupplier2-19.jpg

These prices all include shipping and hazmat fees as applicable. Where it matters the shipping costs are to Michigan, yours may vary slightly.

The prices were determined by actually placing an order up to the final button, so the numbers are as calculated by the supplier's web site.

N/A means Not Applicable - in other words, the supplier does not sell that particular amount of powder.

To save your eyes: the least expensive per pound cost is a 25 lb order of Jack's Powder Keg house brand at $10.20 (remember, that includes shipping and hazmat fees), with the runner up a 25 lb order of KIK from Powder, Inc. at $10.75.

The least expensive per pound price for Goex is a 25 lb order from Jack's Powder Keg at $12.60, with the runner up a 25 lb order from Powder, Inc. at $13.10.

12.60 doesn't sound to bad considering Cabela's is selling goex for 22.00 a pound. Still a far cry from the 7 buck I paid for bulk less than 10 years ago.

Jacks' does sell in 5lb (5 - 1 lb can) increments, i just recieved such an increment, the hazmat fees are the same for 5, 10, or 25 lb increments but, Jack's _ill sell the smaller amount...i received ..5 lbs 3fffg Goex, delivered...99.75...he's not to far from me but i can't drive so i have to pay the hazmat fees...also, they are excelllent people to deal with...Lee

geox LOCALLY HERE IN MY AREA OF PA. IS GOING FOR 25.99 A LB W/O TAX OF 6 %.

its going nuts, i have can from 2 years ago and it has 12.95 on top of can,same store.

I have a can from years ago that says$4.95 for a pound of black. Now I have really dated myself.
I can get black powder if I go to my distributor for a little more then $10 a pound if I got get in and get I think it was 10 pounds and if it has to be shipped it goes up $3.00 a pound plus the political costs and shipping.

My buddies and I buy a whole case f the stuff and split it, keeps the price down around $10-$11. Unfortunately I don't see the price going down, so stock up if you can.

My god is that cheap!

Here in Germany a 1 kg (2 pds) of bp is € 38/$ 52 (WANO PP). And it is not allowed to ship or mail bp at all.

Regards

Kirrmeister

You need to find a distributor or mail order some. The best thing to do is get together with some folks and split a case. We just got a case local pickup goex 11.00 lb. Shipping and hazmat add some but you still save a bundle. Boon

SgtSchutzen said:
I just paid $24 and some change for a pound of GOEX 3f from a local gun shop.

i just paid $13/ # for the fffg at the csmla trade show in castle rock, co. guys from wy had a lot at those prices, so i got me enough for the year. usually it is around 17/# up to 19.99/# w/o taxes in local stores arround denver.

If you go to graff and directly in mexico mo. it is about $1.00-1.50 cheaper per lb than the internet price, stocking up as much as Illinois lets us 5lb. Now if I reloaded I could have 25 lb of smokeless.

So far my local gun shop sell it for $16.50 per #. I'm stocking up :thumbsup: .

Stupid but related question. How do hazmat fees work with caps? Can caps be combined with a powder order under the same hazmat fee?
---
asking because I have a club meeting tonight and thought it might be something to bring to the table for discussion.

Caps and powder cannot be combined in the same shipment. Two HAZMAT fees will apply.

If you are going to order caps, buy them in 10,000 lot units. If your supplier has them, try to buy as many as 50,000, per shipment to keep that Haz Mat fee low, on a per cap basis.

Back