• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Birchwood Casey No77 Black Powder Solvent

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choctaw

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This morning I was sitting in my office watching it mist outside. I thought one way to cut through the gloom of the day was to do a little shooting. So I came home and grabbed my Paterson, Dragoon, and a couple of single shot pistols and headed off to shoot behind the house.

The shooting went well. Anyway, I started to clean my guns and decided to use the Birchwood Casey product that I had recently purchased at Gander Mountain. Wow, after a couple of swipes through the barrel, the patch was coming up clean! Dang near odorless too! I was very pleasantly surprised. Just thought I would throw that out there. If you haven't used this product, you might like it. :thumbsup:

I bought some Rusty Duck "Black Off" and had a similar experience. I bought it cheap because Wally World was closing out at the end of the local muzzleloading season, I felt guilty because I really should be experimenting with home brew lubes and cleaners, but my, how it works!

You are very fortunate to be able to shoot in your back yard! I'm jealous!

I really appreciate the fact that I can shoot whenever I want to. I grew up in a small town and could just walk out behind the house and pop away. I took that for granted. When I grew up moved to the Dallas area and for twelve years a place to shoot was a problem. Then two years ago we moved to a small town. My wife was looking for the small town lifestyle, I was looking for my own range. :grin:

Birchwood Casey products are really good stuff. I think Sheath is one of the best gun oils ever. I will give the black powder solvent a try for sure.

As for Black Off Rusty Duck, when Wal Mart had their end of season sale I picked up six bottles of it at $2.50 a bottle instead of $5.95. That stuff really cuts fowling excellent.

I forgot to mention that I use the stuff at the range because it works so well and dries fast so you are all ready to shoot after one or two patches of the cleaner and a couple of dry ones.

Back