• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Best Movie Soundtracks

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been many great soundtracks mentioned. But for me, the thing that stands out in LOTM soundtrack is the haunting sounds of The Gael among other pieces in the movie and the way the music matches the pace and tone of the story to an extraordinary degree. The choice of music for the different action scenes in the movie is above and beyond.

SPlais said:
There have been many great soundtracks mentioned. But for me, the thing that stands out in LOTM soundtrack is the haunting sounds of The Gael among other pieces in the movie and the way the music matches the pace and tone of the story to an extraordinary degree. The choice of music for the different action scenes in the movie is above and beyond.

The power of music to invoke the emotions of that movie is wonderful. Watch the hunt scene at the beginning, first with the sound on, and then again, with it off. It is not nearly (at least to me) as powerful and moving without the music.

I don't know if anyone has seen the hbo series "John Adams" but it has a pretty good soundtrack. The only bad thing is the movie is about 8 hours long.

Poordevil,
Go to "youtube" and keyword Jeremiah Johnson. It's there. I have it on my favorites list. I listen to it about once a day. The best version has RR in a buf robe with his Hawken. MJD

A company called FSM Silver Age Classics turned out a limited number run of 3000 copys. They list them on there site for $19.95 or you can get them on EBAY for $21.95. Done got my disc and its excellent. :thumbsup:

Strong Work! Great website for Soundtracks. I just bought the Jeremiah Johnson CD today thanks to your info and I have been trying to find it for a few years now.

Thanks!
Doc Rogers

Ranger1760 said:
My vote goes to a more resent release; Ride With The Devil http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0dpuKULBQo ....If you haven't caught this movie yet you are missing a real treat.... and like any good movie, the sountrack puts it over the top! One of the best Civil War movies I have EVER seen.

Excellent movie. It's been a while since I have seen it so don't remember much about the music. I'll have to drag out the tape and watch it again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back