• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Bean Recipe

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTdeerhunter

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well they can't be considered Boston Baked Beans, my bean recipe will feed a lot of mouths, as you can see from the recipe I put a lot of meat in mine...The pictures are from my last batch, made on the fancy inside stove, but have made many batches over the fire as well. I have a large dutch oven, you need "BIG" pots for this recipe.

A simple way to eliminate the "gas" issue is to just add a can of coke or pepsi to your beans while they are cooking.

IMG00126-20100709-1120.jpg

Soak the beans overnight making sure that they stay covered with water.
Drain the beans, rinse well, sort out all the husks and rocks.
I use 2 large pots with 2lbs of beans and 12 cups of water each.

IMG00127-20100709-1120.jpg

Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 ½ hours.
While the beans are simmering, cook the meat as described in the ingredient list below and cut up the other ingredients.

IMG00128-20100709-1120.jpg

After the beans simmer for 1 ½ hours, add all of the other ingredients, mix well and simmer for an additional 30 minutes.

Transfer all into your dutch oven and place coals under and on the lid for a minimum of 4 hours.
Save all of the left over simmered liquid.
Keep stirring and adding the left over simmered liquid as needed to keep wet.

IMG00129-20100709-1811.jpg

Good eatin...you can do all of your cooking in the dutch oven, but you will need to transfer things in and out during the prep stage, its easier in multiple pans...over the fire I use a large cast iron skillet for the meat and do the rest in the dutch oven

4lbs Great Northern Beans
2lbs Braised Pork Neck
2lbs Braised Pork Ribs
1lb Partially Fried Thick Cut Bacon
1lb Braised Venison Sausage
1large Chopped Sweet Onion
1/3 cup Molasses
4 cloves Chopped Garlic
2 tsp Ground Mustard
2 cups Brown Sugar
½ cup Vermont Maple Syrup
1 cup Regular Coke/Pepsi
1 cup Cider Vinegar

IMG00129-20100709-1811.jpg

first wife was a mexican and she added 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a big pot of beans. soak overnight. change to fresh water with the oil and cook till tender.

You can never have to much pork or pork fat
in beans :thumbsup: "PORK RULES" Emeril

Back