• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Baker rifle ramrod thread pitch

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djack

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Does anyone know the thread size for a Baker rifle ramrod. The rifle is from MilitaryHeritage. The closest that I can match it to is a 12-24 however, it is not the perfect fit. Thanks.

Why not call Military Heritage and ask? Its probably a metric size, and that is why you can only get close.

It should be drilled and tapped for 12-24 but then since it was made in India I could be anything including metric. If you can't find someone with a set of thread gages I'd have to say call Military Heritage and ask.

Just take the sucker with you to a hardware store and try an assortment of metric bolts. Shouldn't be too difficult to find a match.

:confused: You gona be able to re-thread that to something more useful or are you going to make an adapter to fit it and the more standard threads. I'd suggest you use gun tools that are on a 10-32 thread rather than 8-32. :hatsoff:

I will try to re-thread them to a standard size. Like you, I'm thinking that a 10-32 is my best route. It's a little hardier than a 8-32 for my bore size, and I've seen more 10-32 sized attachments available to choose from.

What is 7/32" BSF? I know what 7/32 is, but BSF?

Not British Standard F???? is it?

Some how I just know when the answer comes I am going to really feel stupid..LOL mac

macmac said:
What is 7/32" BSF? I know what 7/32 is, but BSF?

Not British Standard F???? is it?

Some how I just know when the answer comes I am going to really feel stupid..LOL mac

"British Standard Fine"

Whitworth threads:

British Standard Whitworth
British Standard Fine
British Standard Cycle

(I think) :grin:

Back