• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Armi San Marco Colt 1860 Army

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gjkershul

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I am considering getting an Armi San Marco 1860 Army used reporduction. I believe from several other posts on this and other lists that Armi San Marco is out of business. What is the wisdom of the list on the general quality of the Armi San Marco line and does anyone have experience using parts from other Italian makers as relacement parts in Armi San Marco pistols?

Sir,
I had several over the years and still have a 49 colt that is still working great. They aren't Ubertis, but they sure aren't Palmettos either.
David

I've owned Armi SAA's before and they were well made and accepted standard Colt parts.

If you can get a great price on it - I'd suggest going for it.

You may have to do a little fitting on parts... or not - usually this is very minor and accomplished with a mill file.

If the price isn't that wonderful, then shop around for a Pietta or Uberti.

I have a ASM 1860 I bought a dozen or so years ago. Great shooter and no real problems with it at all.
Tom

Back