• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

anyone heard of "ULTRA HIGH"

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mv_myrx

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I am looking at a finished Kentucky pistol that was made from a kit imported by "ultra high" and is stated as the same manufacturer as weatherby and winchester. any suggestions as to quality

I don't have one of the Ultra High guns , but have seen and fired a few. The kits were on about the same plane as the "Jukar" kits at one time sold by CVA. Some were realy good shooters some were so-so. An old friend had one from Ultra High called "Bounty Hunter", about a 14" barrel and a pretty good shooter. Plain looking wood and hardware.
Jon

I have a Ultra-Hi Mfg by Miroku Japan Flintlock Hawken rifle...Very nice well made rifle..I haven't seen one of there pistols yet..

As mentioned, the quality was similar to the spanish made guns imported by CVA at the time. The difference being you can still find parts for the CVA guns. I wouldn't spend over $100 for it and only if it is in very good condition.

I had one and converted it to a show piece for fun. Inlays, carving and such. Not much of a shooter, the touch hole was drilled at an angle to get up to the face of the breech plug. Must be 1/4 to a 1/2 inch long tunnel. Makes the pistol go > whoosh .... bang, >>> when it goes off. Workmanship was not much either.

Was fun prettying it up, but I would not recommend it as a shooter.

Before:
Link Before

After Link

Mike F

You did a very nice job prettying up that pistol and the grain of the wood is actually quite attractive as well. To bad it's not a shooter too.

I have 5 ultra hi marked pistols, all are great shooters. I have the Kentucky pistol in FL .44 caliber. It is a very accurate shooter and sparks great. I shoot a .430 prb with 30gr of 3F. The others are smoothbores of various calibers. For an inexpensive pistol they are fine shooters.

Is this it?

Mine was made in Japan and shoots pretty well with PRB over 15 gns of fff-grade trip-7.

Velocity is in the mid 800s with this load. It's a .45.

5 shots at 30 yds...
Ultrahigh1.jpg

Latest posts

Back