• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another Traditions .50 cal Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom in nc

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230620-131558~3.png
Screenshot_20230620-132150~2.png
Screenshot_20230620-131613~2.png

Here's a rifle I might own in a few days. It obviously needs some attention but hopefully the bore is good. I think I can get it cheap.
Currently the only Traditions gun I own is a .54 cal Deer hunter.

Last edited:
Tom in NC - that could be a great project gun! It looks like some minor pitting on the barrel, but as ETipp said, check the bore.

Good luck on the "negotiations".

I'm not handling it but per the photos I would not spend more than $100.00. Been down the road. $100.02 maybe, if he has some caps. If he didnt keep the outside of the bore from rusting and pitting?????

I'm not handling it but per the photos I would not spend more than $100.00. Been down the road. $100.02 maybe, if he has some caps. If he didnt keep the outside of the bore from rusting and pitting?????
Yep - that would instantly raise suspicions that the INSIDE of the barrel would match (or be worse) than the outside. Then again, the bore may have been well oiled and preserved - for $100 bucks (or $100.02), it could be worth a look.

That poor rifle screams NEGLECT.

It's dry as toast. Put away and never looked at for decades.

The drum and screw are rusty crusty messes. Can't imagine the owner said to himself, self, let me treat the bore like a queen while I allow the rest of the rifle to rot away.

Again, 100 bucks at most.

You all missed or have not mentioned the obvious. It is a lefty. $105......

manure! I can't believe I hadn't noticed it being a LH model. I won't be getting it.
If anyone else wants it, I'll see if I can get it cheap. Let me know.

LOL thats funny!

My appraisal was based on LH. I am right handed and left eyed, one of "those" guys. Cant stand shootng LH muzzoleaders, I do all loading etc as a right hander.

manure! I can't believe I hadn't noticed it being a LH model. I won't be getting it.
If anyone else wants it, I'll see if I can get it cheap. Let me know.
If it is in a shop, even individual, it will probably sit for quite a while. With the exterior look and a lefty the market is 2% or less of the traffic. It takes that one person and could be 6 months or more unless someone really gets lucky. $100 is it and if the shop paid more than that or the person wants more, good luck. I am a lefty and that is the max I would be in for as a bidder just based on the exterior look.

It belongs to an individual who is interested in a tractor that I have and he was checking his inventory to see what he might have to trade.
I'll see if he has anything else, like a cap-n-ball revolver!

Not saying impossible, but why would anyone bet that the inside of that rifle was better than the outside ? As Springer mentioned, it is "screaming". Through a bullhorn I would say. My money says a bore scope will show a red flag the size of Mt. Rushmore. And it would be staying in my wallet. SW

Back