• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

An Afghan gun shop

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take them all, even the gaudy ones. BTW, for the inlays, they cut a trench and have the pieces precut. They're glued in as they go. Seen the same done by muslims for musical instruments. In hindsight, I wish I had brought one of those instruments home.

Now why would one think the trigger guard on the bottom one had been replaced? Uh, because it appears to have been cut with tin snips from some old galvanized roofing? :shocking:

The bottom one was indeed peened out. Colorado gunmaker Jack Brooks taught us that technique for making trade guns. Works then, works now.

Okay, who can identify 'em all? :kid:

Wellllllll, if you enlarge the pictures, you can see the words 'Tower', 'Enfield' and 'G.R.'. Probably old English Empire arms from the early 1800's on up.

So what were they charging for jezails and Kyhber Pass knockoffs of Enfields?

Are these Enfield knockoffs? Looks like a real P/61 rifle and P/53 Third Model rifle-musket (5th and 6th from bottom) to me... what do you think, Squire?

Greg

So what were they charging for jezails and Kyhber Pass knockoffs of Enfields?
$600, paperwork and background check, 10 day waiting period.

Or trade for an AK-47 out the door same day. :kid:

I'd say they are probably originals. They're in beautiful shape too. I remember seeing pictures of Muhajadeen (?) Freedom Fighters during the Soviet invasion posing with P-53 Enfields. Those rascals used them along side of Smelly's and No. 4's fighting the Red Hordes.
::

I think the one at the bottom of the photo is a reproduction....the originals only had 7312 inlays! :: :haha:

Holy Wah! That bottom one! :eek: I've got an original just like it, but in dire need of restoration. No flintlock, trigger or trigger guard, but all the inlays are there and a neat swamped round 42" barrel in 50 cal. rifled!!! I've seen others like it, but none in such fine condition! Thanks for the pics, must have been one of the highlights of your trip (tour) along with the plane trip home!

...must have been one of the highlights of your trip (tour) along with the plane trip home!
They aren't my pictures, just some I found on the web. My last trip to the middle east was 15 years ago, and the guns I saw then weren't near as pretty.

Back