• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

American long rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very beautiful. I like your wood choice, and your carving is second to none! It has clean lines, and looks sleek. Some one asked you what the calibre is. :confused:
You are an artist.
I like the walnut, I may have to do one in that wood.

Nice work!I I like the simple lines. One question for you. What is the size of the touch hole? It looks big to me.

the diameter of the vent hole where the priming flames thru to ignite the main charge.

BTW very nice work! :thumbsup:

Hey Raszpla,
You make fine rifles! You should be proud.
I like your choice of wood, your carving is great.
Your style has a european touch, then again most early American rifles had european influences.
Excellent work!
Old Ford

If the diameter of the vent hole itself is under 5/64" and the gun workd do not be in a hirry to use a smaler hole most of todays guns have smaller holes than were used on originals and SOME suffer for it, there is a current trend to open up the holes a bit the last few years and it seems to be gaining momentum, but one needs to do many other things in the way of testing the various factors related to ignition before diving into a gun with a drill at the vent hole. It seems to me that you have a natural gift for this craft and will easily gain in ability and quality/appearance and authentic looking aspects of ML gun building :hatsoff:

rifle lies at my feet.I'm tired but happy with the work. Tomorrow takes a picture in the outdoors and show a weapon. :hatsoff:

great looking rifle! your carving is wonderful- you should be proud of your work!

yes, please: more photographs!

:hatsoff:

It was raining .. pictures I did at home.

27x33md.jpg

5widn5.jpg

5vrodk.jpg

2ecq89z.jpg

23k6q05.jpg

2afd2rm.jpg

2hromkn.jpg

2ykjfo2.jpg

2r424vp.jpg

2m3lhza.jpg

10o2vye.jpg

28ixr35.jpg