• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Rare Find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Bill. I truly have been blessed to have found this one. This may seem obscene to some, but this rifle deserves it's rest in retirement from the shooting line. It has taken me many years to find this mind-set. In my early days of interest in muzzle loader's I once thought a gun not used for it's primary purpose was a true waste. I have come a long way for a pilgrim!

Captjoel said:
Thank you Bill. I truly have been blessed to have found this one. This may seem obscene to some, but this rifle deserves it's rest in retirement from the shooting line. It has taken me many years to find this mind-set. In my early days of interest in muzzle loader's I once thought a gun not used for it's primary purpose was a true waste. I have come a long way for a pilgrim!

It's definitely a work of art, to be enjoyed for many days & evenings to come, for sure.

Excellent ! That piece is a good teacher...I hope
our makers note the distance between the butt plate and the cheek rest and how short the cheek
rest is...I notice the now day makers don't have
that much room and have to cramp their carving design to fit...
Wulf

wulf said:
Excellent ! That piece is a good teacher...I hope
our makers note the distance between the butt plate and the cheek rest and how short the cheek
rest is...I notice the now day makers don't have
that much room and have to cramp their carving design to fit...
Wulf
The style of this rifle and its architecture are quite unique to the area from which it was made. From our modern study of Pennsylvania/Kentucky rifle's, it would be categorized as being made in the "Chambersburg School" of rifle making. There were, in other areas of Pennsylvania and elsewhere longrifle's built with many different cheek piece shapes and lay-outs. Most every area had certain "uniqueness's" to themselves.
058_zpsdb61f7b9.jpg
FrederickSell3018_zps624d65af.jpg

That sure is a beauty Joel. You were missed at the KRA. Heading to camp after work. I hear the trout are still picking flies up there and this will be my last shot at them.

Thanks again you guys! I had one of those photobucket moments when posting the last picture. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the Chambersburg school rifle! Rob, I may just make it to Princeton next month. If you get a chance to go, it is my FAVORITE longrifle get together! Fishing for jumbo yellow perch and walleye here in northern Michigan. More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Back