• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A Fun Day at the Range

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob J

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Got to shoot with a fellow 'Forum member for the first time Saturday. Met Jim1911 at the range and his ten-year old son. Not only can that boy load a ML (under his dad's watchful eye), that boy can shoot! I tested the GPR out at 25 yards with a target load of 60 grains 2f and then practiced offhand.
It was fun shooting with another muzzleloader. And I was able to provide entertainment by catching my thumb between ballstarter and muzzle :shocked2: :haha: :haha:

ML Lesson #428; Never get in a hurry.

:thumbsup: You got that right Dixie Flinter, The only thing that I can think of that would be better than shooting with a friend would be shooting with "two" friends :rotf:
I'm very fortunate in that I live close to a fellow forum member, who enjoys shooting even more than I do. We try to get together every sunday morning (weather permiting) and burn some powder and shoot some bull. :grin:
Soggy

It's always fun to shoot with someone else. I have a friend that I used to shoot with about 15 years ago. Having someone to shoot against and shoot the bull with has a tendency to make you better at shooting at least. It also makes a pleasurable afternoon.

Since then we both moved away. We are both in Wyoming again and shoot together whenever possible. It is about a two and half hour drive but I will run up to his club's shoot once in a while as he will do for mine. It's still a great time to shoot with him.

Don't worry about the owie. My wife manages to do something like that about once a year. I managed to tatoo my little finger trying out a different stance with a flinter. You always feel dumb when it happens but it's all part of the learning process.

Hello,

We did have a fun day last Saturday. Dixie Flinter is a great guy and a great shot I might ad. Look forward to many more shoots with him. My son Brad has got even more excited about BP after seeing someone else that was into BP besides Dad.I have attached some Pics of that day for fun.
Brad and I went out to the range again yesterday and after 30 or so shots with my T/C Hawkins .50 Cal he is outshooting me. (I think his eyes are better than mine :hmm: :confused: )
dixieflinter.jpg

dadbrad.jpg
brad.jpg
jim.jpg

Good show...and hat's off to you for spending the time getting the youngster started
:hatsoff:

Hey Roundball ,

Thanks, I try to spend as much quality time with my sons as I can. It sure is great that he has taken to my long neglected now revived sport of BP shooting. Who would of thought ?:confused:
He also has an interest in one of my other hobbies . WWII Militarya Collecting . He can tell by a picture most any WWII weapon Pistol,Rifle,Knife,Sword,Tank,Airplane,Helmet,Uniform,Airplane. I have to ask him sometime to help me ID something. :hmm: :confused:
My other son is into other things so I try to get into his hobbies and interests. :)

Thanks for Support, JIM1911

Gollyeeeeeeeeeee! Whar on earth did you find a camera that shoots Black and White pictures? :grin:

Just funnin with ye. :)

It's great to see folks like you out sharing the fun of Muzzleloading! Nothing else like it ah says. :)

Back